* Orinda Roads Action Group
The Orinda Road Action Group was formed in September of 2014 to encourage and work with the City to form a comprehensive road repair plan which would include:
- A goal of no substandard roads in Orinda defined as Poor or Very Poor; below a Pavement Condition Index (PCI) of 50.
- A finance plan to achieve the goal within a reasonable (less than 10 year) time frame.
- A finance plan to permit long range funding of sufficient maintenance to prevent future deterioration of the repairs.
In November 2015 the Orinda City Council set the goal of no roads below PCI, achieving objective #1. Objectives #2 and #3 remain elusive.
The Steering Committee for the Group include:
- Art Haigh - 28 year resident; chair of the Infrastructure Committee 2004-2006; charter member and first chair of the Citizens Infrastructure Oversight Commission 2007-2009; member of the Revenue Enhancement Task Force 2008
- Al Resnick - 32 year resident; co-chair of the Revenue Enhancement Task Force 2008
- Steve Cohn - 30 year resident; Master's degree in transportation engineering – Carnegie Mellon University; 35 years of experience in the capital equipment and project finance industry.
- Bill Waterman Past president of the Orinda Association (2012 – 2015)
- Bob Thompson Chair of the Orinda Finance Committee
- Brad Barber Chair of the Measure J (road bond campaign); Director of MOFD
- Mark Roberts Past president of the Orinda Association; Board Member Orinda Community Foundation
- Richard Westin Founder of the Orinda Community Foundation; Citizen of the Year 2012
- Roger Squier 25 year resident
- Tom Trowbridge Founder and Chair of Orinda Vision